-(either/or)

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 17:54:07 PDT

Hi alfred--

What I had in mind in contrasting developmental psychology, which
has always had a strong biological reductionist tendency in it (well,
almost) with education is that in education, there is a strong
inclination to emphasize plascity and the developmental progressivism
of particular environmental arrangements.

Each, when pushed into either-or-ness has been a disaster in this
century.

If folks want to pursue this line I will figure out where my web page
with old LCHC materials on it is-- I wrote about this in a report about
our work in 1984.

alternatively (or and) if people want to talk about interdisciplinary
enterprises, various of us who have tried such undertaking might write
summaries and post them for comparative discussion-- in someone's free
time!

mike