RE: Leont'ev reading

From: Nate Schmolze (nate_schmolze@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 19:28:45 PDT

Paul, Armando, and others,

I sent a post to Mike explaining my thoughts that Leon'tev should not start
till October at the soonest.

Either through XCMA or offline I would like to get vollunteers to lead a
chapter a month. I will the TOC to give everyone a general idea of the
themes of the book. The idea being vollunteers or discussion leaders could
help with both the concrete and historical context of the book. As Leontev
himself mentions the book left alot of the concrete work and at times the
book served as a rough outline. Meaning that knowedge of the work of
El'konin, Davydov, Galperin and many others would serve as an important
context in understanding the work.

I am not willing to serve as a discussion leader, but think at times a
leader (vollunteers) will be necessary. So, for now if your interested in
serving as a chapter facilitator let me know and we figure out the exact
details of that role latter on. Most likely taking the role of summerizing
central points for possible discussion and making sure the discussion
remains "developmental" ;).

who-is-at @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Nate Schmolze
http://members.home.net/schmolze1/
schmolze1@home.com

who-is-at @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

*Activity, Consciousness and Activity*

Foreword

The methodological crisis that world psychology has been trying to solve for
the last 100 years destroyed the unified system of psychological knowledge.
Psychologists split into several schools and directions, and their
representatives argue among themselves about the subject of their science.
Considering ways to resolve the crisis, A.N. Leont'ev, Active Member of the
Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of the USSR and Lenin Prize Laureate, in his
new book demonstrates the primacy of Marxist methodology in the resolution
of fundamental problems of contemporary psychology.

The book is intended for philosophers, psychologists, and teachers, and for
all who are interested in the theoretical questions of the science that
concerns the origin, function, and structure of the psychological reflection
of reality.

Introduction

Chapter 1 Marxism and Psychological Science

Chapter 2 Psychic Reflection

Chapter 3 The Problem of Activity and Psychology

Chapter 4 Activity and Consciousness

Chapter 5 Activity and Personality

Conclusion

Supplement Psychological Questions in the Consciousness of Learning