most until evening

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 09:50:03 PDT

Thanks for the interesting Poetry ramble, Paul.
I will have to come back to it this evening.

About units of analysis. I was thinking driving in this morning that
here is the kind of topic where we really need a volunteer to pull
together a file of the entire thread and try to summarize it back
to us. With that in hand, we might take a look at some prior sources
and get us all up to speed on philosophical terms such as "concrete
universal" and so on.

I am still thinking about zoped and unit of analysis and I was
interested both in your note using classroom lessons as a unit
and the notes that you characterize as finding appropriate
empirical activity and calling it a unit of analysis. My guess is
that this will be hard work to straighted out in email, but....

Seems almost like the kind of task someone might assign a grad
student or grad students as part of a seminar.
mike