books left for review

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 10:48:32 PDT

Here is what is left from our to-review bookshelf. Some of these
seem near musts to me, but I'll move to direct request if there are
no takers.

Remember, grad students welcome to review!
mike

_Investigating Formative Assessment: Teaching, Learning and Assessment in the Classroom_ By: Harry Torrance and John Pryor
To by reviewed by: Geoff Hayward

_The Wealth of Reality: An Ecology of Composition_
By: Margaret A. Syverson

_The New Science Teacher: Cultivating Good Practice_
By: Deborah J. Trumbull

_High Wired: On the Design, Use, and Theory of Educational MOOs_
Edited By: Cynthia Haynes and Jan Rune Holmevik

_Simple Heuristics That Make us Smart_ By: Gerd Gigerenzer, Peter Todd, and the ABC Research Group
To by reviewed by: Barbara Graves

_Learning: Nineteen Senarios from Everyday Life_ By: Gehard Steiner

_Designing Project-Based Science: Connecting Learners Through Guided Inquiry_By: Joseph L. Polman
To by reviewed by: Bill Barowy

_Constructing Social Psychology: Creative and Critical Processess_
By: William J. McGuire
To by reviewed by: Vera P. Steiner

_Exploring Borders: Understanding Culture and Psychology_
By: Guiseppe Mantovani

_Biocultural Approaches to the Emotions_
Edited By: Alexander Laban Hinton

_Dynamics in Action: Intentional Behavior as a Complex System_
By: Alicia Juarrero

_Exploring Science: The Cognition adn Development of Discovery Processes_
By: David Klahr

_Learning as Cultural Practice: How Children Learn in a Mazahua Community_
By: Mariette de Haan

_An Anatomy of Thought: The Origin and Machinery of the Mind_
By: Ian Glynn

_Evolving the Mind: on the nature of matter and the origin of consciousness_
By: A.G. Cairns-Smith

_Brave New Mind: A Thoughtful Inquiry into the Nature and Meaning of Mental Life
By: Peter Dodwell

_Conceptual Coordination: How the Mind Orders Experience in Time_
By: William J. Clancey
To by reviewed by: Martin Ryder

_The Language of Edison's Light_
By: Charles Bazerman
To by reviewed by: Ellice Forman

_Change and Development: Issues of Theory, Method, and Application_
Edited By: Edic Amsel and K. Ann Renninger