yeats again

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 16:28:50 PDT

thanks very much Jay and Randi. your readings each helped me different
ways.

Jay got me thinking about myself in relation to aging and interacting
with people. Moving from middle to old age is a process no less confusing
than entering adolescence or going to school for the first time. Kundera
put it beautifully:

we leave chilhood without knowing what youth is, we marry without
knowing what it is to be married, and even when we enter old age,
we don't know what it is we're heading for: the old are innocent
children of their old age. In that sense, human's world is a planet
of inexperience.

Its wierd being treated as old. But more about that and Randi's reading
of Among Children later..... guests at the door (better than this
morning when it was, literally, a coyote at the door!)
mike