Re: dialectics

From: Andy Blunden (a.blunden@pb.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 19:04:51 PDT

"from peter jones, ... andy ... is absolutely right i think to object to
the way in which dialectics was transformed in official soviet philosophy
into a general science of everything ..."
____________________
Yes, and believe me, I greatly appreciate Ilyenkov and Vygotsky and these
others, and I understand the difficulty of the conditions they were working
under. But actually, I am not just talking about the abominations of
"official soviet philosophy", but even the best of the post-1917 Russians
are doing their intellectual production under very unusual circumstances,
one in which the class struggle has apprarently been moved outside the
world of daily life. Bureaucratic distortions and censorship aside ... I
think these conditions have given their work a certain quality which is
very obviously *different* from anything that could be produced in the
West, either in academia or in political and community struggles.

Andy
* Andy Blunden, Teaching Space Consultant,
* and Manager of Videoconferencing Operations
* http://home.mira.net/~andy/
* University of Melbourne 9344 0312 (W) 9380 9435 (H)