Introductory Text for Cultural Psychology

From: Debra Kawahara (dkawahara@mail.cspp.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 10:50:30 PDT

Hello:
    I am one of the many lurkers on the xmca listserv and this is my first
venture into actual communication on it. In the fall, the psychology
program is teaching the theory and concepts of cultural psychology as
part of the curriculum. I am looking for an introductory text that can be
followed up by Michael Cole's Cultural Psychology book. The students
are a bit anxious about learning it because previous classes have had
difficulty with the text so I would like to give a more beginner level book
first and then go into a more advanced text. I would appreciate any
suggestions, comments, or recommendations that you may have.
Thank you,
Debra Kawahara

Debra Kawahara, Ph.D.
Culture and Human Behavior Program