Re: O'Brien tells Smith 2+2=5

From: Jay Lemke (jllbc@cunyvm.cuny.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 09:38:10 PDT

I have replied, with some disappointment, to the author of this message
off-line.

I don't intend to complain about either misreading or miscontrual of the
intent of what I said in trying to build a bridge between my discourse and
the interesting perspectives raised by Judy, or of my effort to make a
partial connection to the earlier discussion about politics.

Maintaining a supportive community for dialogue, where people feel free to
take risks and work to build connections to one another's different views,
is always a difficult task in this medium.

Smith.

JAY L. LEMKE
PROFESSOR OF EDUCATION
CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK