Re: RE: Re peter's april discussion paper

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 13:04:41 PDT

nate sez:
>I don't think this means that meaning is not in the text or individual,
>but
>rather those divisions are not useful (for me). I also do not think this
>implies a neo-instrumental view that meaning is whatever an activity makes
>of it. The fact remains (in my mind) that meaning is not as dymanic as we
>might assume.

i'm with you - activities are dynamic, but they work around kinds of
meanings that tend to be connected to more stable entities, like
(oooh here she goes agin!!) ideological practice and
tradition/normalization.
diane

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu