Re(3): lects and registers

From: Martin Owen (mowen@rem.bangor.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 01:47:02 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>Sorry if I touched a nerve
I am not raw, nor sore, Eva. I know how to proof read, however on balance
I would rather communicate as best I can in the time available to me...
just like my student in Caernarfon (Car nar von) ( or if you are in Boston
... Ca na vun) who is set pointless punishment exercises.

However, as I have said, I would rather have good spelling and typing, and
I suspect most of those of us who underachieved through/in large parts of
our schooling (I always had my mathematical ability to fall back on) would
rather not have the burdon of needing lots and lots of checking and
editing. As a child, the only legible parts of the pages of my books were
the teachers' (tetsys) comments.

The computer has been an emancipatory device for me : I still make
mistakes, but it looks neater :-)
Martin