RE: Anyone object?

From: Bruce Robinson (bruce.rob@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 04:17:56 PDT

Judy,

I have no objection in your quoting what I wrote in that I assume that what
I post to various lists is in the public domain anyhow and anything I say
'may be taken down in evidence and used against me' (to quote the old
British police caution on arresting someone ;) ). The only ultimate
guarantee against being misquoted is having a right to reply. (So I suppose
I would like to see what you write and comment before it's published.) I
also have no objection to you using my name. The only caveat is that I'm
not sure that what I wrote sums up all I might have wanted to say on the
topic - but that's down to me.

Beyond that, I have a question though, which relates to the context within
which the whole discussion is presented. I'm not sure what you mean by
'topicalizing' our contributions, nor how you avoid at least categorizing
people on the basis of their contributions to this particular discussion.
I'm curious to know how it will all be brought together and conceptualised.

Bruce

Bruce Robinson
1 Cundiff Road
Manchester M21 8FS