re anyone object

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 16:59:15 PDT

You may be right, eva. The best thing might be to start by saying, "I am
planning to write about x, does anyone involved in the discussion of x
mind?" Then, somwhere in the process, tell every9one who was involved
in discussion X, "Hi-- I have a draft of the paper about discussion X
on my web page at: please let me know if it is ok for me to use this
material in the way I have.

If you get a positive response, include. If you get no response or a
negative response, exclude.

Why am I being so picky? Because I have been reading about the use of
"passive consent" procedures in human subjects research, which has a lot
of questionable features, and I think we ought to exclude because I
am afraid it will stifle discussion.

I already hear enough about people's fears of posting! Indifference is
fine, but fear is unacceptable as a norm.

Real rule-minded in sunny s.d.

Thanks for helping us think about this Judy/
mike