MCA Index problems

From: Nate (schmolze@students.wisc.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 06:20:29 PDT

It appears some members are having difficulty accessing the paper of the
month (Peter) through the index page. If this occurs you can go directly to
Peter's paper at:

http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/Paper/Smagorinsky/meaning.html

This started yesterday, which was the 1st. Who says Gremlins don't have a
sense of humor.

Nate Schmolze
http://www.geocities.com/nate_schmolze/
schmolze@students.wisc.edu

****************
"Overcoming the naturalistic concept of mental development calls for a
radically new approach
to the interrelation between child and society. We have been led to this
conclusion by a
special investigation of the historical emergence of role-playing. In
contrast to the view
that role playing is an eternal extra-historical phenomenon, we hypothesized
that role playing emerged at a specific stage of social development, as the
child's position in society changed
in the course of history. role-playing is an activity that is social in
origin and,
consequently, social in content."

                              D. B. El'konin