serving

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 05:08:46 PST

Martin-- In commenting on Helena's paper (thanks HW!) you comment at the
end:
 However, you raise an interesting point of reflection
for those of us who ask the question, "whom do we serve". This question
greatly hinges on the a more fundamental question: "Who is this 'we', this
collective subject, that shares agency in our research activities?"

Martin R.
---------

I have been asking myself precisely this question with respect to my work
with kids in educational environments. I am not like the looks of the answer
I see, or at the very least, the questions re-occurs and worries me.
mike