MCA Updates (Helena et al)

From: Nate (schmolze@students.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 17:55:41 PST

A few announcements.

Helena's paper is now on the MCA web site. It can be found directly at:
http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/Paper/Worthen/helena.html.

Or less directly, but still pretty direct at:
http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/Paper/index.html

There were a few changes that were made (formatting) so you might want to
look at the most updated version.

Second, the links page has been updated. The changes include Mary's url's
from awhile back (no voting boothe though, sorry)and the Moo's paper Martin
forwarded. Mary's is in the Diversity and Identity section and Moo is in
technology. The direct link to links is,
http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/Links/Related_sites.html

Nate

Nate Schmolze
http://www.geocities.com/nate_schmolze/
schmolze@students.wisc.edu

****************
"Overcoming the naturalistic concept of mental development calls for a
radically new approach
to the interrelation between child and society. We have been led to this
conclusion by a
special investigation of the historical emergence of role-playing. In
contrast to the view
that role playing is an eternal extra-historical phenomenon, we hypothesized
that role playing emerged at a specific stage of social development, as the
child's position in society changed
in the course of history. role-playing is an activity that is social in
origin and,
consequently, social in content."

                              D. B. El'konin