RE: Request for reading of argument

From: Nate (schmolze@students.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 12:45:47 PST

Here is a copy of Helena's paper that can be found on my site. I was only
able to read the file in an unformatted text format, so guessed where the
breaks would be. We'll upload to the MCA server in the next week or so when
the monthly paper is updated, but because there was interest I though we'd
make it available now.

http://www.geocities.com/~nschmolze/helena.htm

Nate Schmolze
http://www.geocities.com/nate_schmolze/
schmolze@students.wisc.edu

****************
"Overcoming the naturalistic concept of mental development calls for a
radically new approach
to the interrelation between child and society. We have been led to this
conclusion by a
special investigation of the historical emergence of role-playing. In
contrast to the view
that role playing is an eternal extra-historical phenomenon, we hypothesized
that role playing emerged at a specific stage of social development, as the
child's position in society changed
in the course of history. role-playing is an activity that is social in
origin and,
consequently, social in content."

                              D. B. El'konin