adult work

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 10:15:19 PST

Dale-- Its great to hear that you are prospering. If you have the time
and interest it would be really interesting to get some more discussion
going about research on work. I know that there are many members of
XMCA who do NOT work with kids and I am guessing that they would welcome
some discussion of adult work settings.
        For example, the entire socialization into work settings issue
is ripe for discussion. To what extent do developmental models carry
over (as in Finnish DevWork tradition) and to what extent do those
who retain the idea of development in adulthood agree with or conflict
with those who eschew both the notion of culture and of development?
mike