Re: digest form

From: Paul Dillon (dillonph@northcoast.com)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 12:13:15 PST

Mike,

The idea of a message digester for xmca is intriguing. Presumably a digest
would contain more than subject line information. How could one organize
this? Follow content of the thread that often varies greatly from the
subject line? Seems like a problem of indirect speech but following
Bakhtin/Volosinov (or even Levi-Strauss) any such digesting would itself be
a contribution to the thread that would also depend on the digester's
relationship as audience to the material being digested. Indigestion would
be a hazard of the job.

Paul H. Dillon