Re: Tutchev in English

From: sazonova (sazon@kursknet.ru)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 22:30:47 PST

Mike, you are absolutly wright. And its not a coincidence.
 In my translation I ment "soul' first of all and the word "mind" was
introduced specially for xmca-readers.
And now I'm struggling with the translation of the expression "body - mind
problem" (I want to make a reveiw in my book) which somehow corresponds to
what is known in Russian philosophical tradition as the problem of body and
soul. When I say "somehow correspods" because English word "mind" is not
the same as Russian word "soul". And I recall the XMCA discussion on the
differences between Westen and Easten tradition in science.
Tatiana