nostalgic me

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 16:05:34 PST

...wahl, ah may be jes' jawin' from ainchent mem'reez, lawz knows ah
do thayt fr'm tahm t' tahm,

but oh ah shore do miss t'em ol' dayz, when we'all lahked t' jus' talk
'bout
watchoo maht call "deep thahnkin',"
whachew maht call a deeskushun uhbout ...oh...dem ezoterik thahngs, idears
an' thahngs,
...if y'ask me, an' ya di'n't but ahm givin' yew mah
pees o' mind,

yew 'murricans are so goawldurned pragmatick yew dun forgot

how to jus' jaw'nwonder 'bout stuff... votin' on whether we otta have
rules,
keeeerist , whah cain't we jus' say

'hey you paul yew git yer thumbs outta yer ass
and take a good smell an' then mebbe yew'll git the gist of what's
happ'ning wit' yer nasty se'f on this here
deeeskushun list."

ah me. ah best git back to mah rockin' chair,
been uzin' mah rifle, pickin' off the arseholes who walk pas' mah place.
diane

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu