not the only time

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 20:46:04 PST

Eva-- Not everyone sees ANYONE, including Paul, in the same way. Your
essentializing characterization really doesn't help, even if it is
an empirical fact that there was a discontinuous change in list
content and form coincident with a particular note. Others have,
more or less, shut down the discussion for a time. Some have done
this "on purpose" because causing a crisis is what they thought might
bring about change in the direction that suited them. Others done
so with other goals, usually antagnoistic, in mind.

I wrote to Daryl differently. I find that form of interaction more
productive, personally. I have not responded to Paul and Bruce on
their exchange, not for fear of being bullied, but for simply lakc
of expertise or time to comment one way or the other.

Why can people be so sure of THEIR reality, or that their own, local
"reality" can be used as a measure of reality "out there?" The only
thing I know for sure is that I DONT know for sure! Probably the whole
muddle has something to do with prolepsis-- everything does. :-)
mike