Re: Paul -- on the rules proposal?

From: Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad@ped.gu.se)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 17:00:51 PST

At 16.58 -0600 0-02-28, Dale Cyphert scrobe:
>I'll admit to long term lurking...and liberal use of my delete key...as
>this conversation about tone has morphed into a call for rules...and now
>a concern that not enough people are participating in the rule making
>activity?
>
>I'd been gone from XMCA for a couple of years and just rejoined a couple
>of months ago.

Hi Dale and welcome back! A little nostalgia never hurts.

I think you may have missed some of the background of the discussion if you
only rejoined a couple of months ago. These morphing discussions about
community practices on the xmca have a history that goes back to this
summer. It is just that everybody is too polite to say that it all hinges
on Paul Dillon getting back on the list,posting more frequently than
anybody else in the second half of 1999, and acting like a discursive
bully, thereby producing one upheaval after the other.

Paul will not agree with me, and a lot of you out there will think I am
behaving dreadfully by mentioning names. But this is the explanation for
the tenaciousness of the thread. I have spent almost three years doing
research on the Xlist archives back to -88 and I have seen nothing like it.

Eva
who's been "here" while you've been gone.