Re: Paul -- on the rules proposal?

From: Dale Cyphert (Dale.Cyphert@uni.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 14:58:09 PST

I'll admit to long term lurking...and liberal use of my delete key...as
this conversation about tone has morphed into a call for rules...and now
a concern that not enough people are participating in the rule making
activity?

I'd been gone from XMCA for a couple of years and just rejoined a couple
of months ago. I'd begun to wonder what happened to the exciting "old"
conversation, which seems to have replaced with a huge concern for
social control. In my last experience with XMCA, misunderstandings were
quickly forgotten and dismissed as such. Carefully considered,
perfectly formed, ruly statements were deemed to be relatively
unimportant in the overall process. It was all those lumpy, squishy,
unruly, rather unappetizing "half-baked" ideas that made life in the
kitchen so exciting!

So, maybe I speak for more than a few folks with an observation: If
only 5% of the XMCA cooks are concerned with cleaning up the kitchen,
maybe they could take a deep breath and let the kids get back to making
a happy mess of things.

With LOTS of :-)'s and good wishes and hugs, and a little nostalgia,

Dale Cyphert

--
Dale Cyphert, Ph.D.
Business Communication Program Coordinator