Re: Rules not to call me a dummy

From: sazonova (sazon@kursknet.ru)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 02:57:54 PST

Hi, Eugene

That's a challenge. I've never done such things before, but I'll make a
try.

"We don't have the power to hear
 Our words echoing in other minds and souls, --
 And Lord gives us the gift of compassion
 As He gives His amazing Grace."
                                       F.I.Tyutchev

Does it make any sense to an American ear?
A French poet who translated A. Pushkin's verses once said “ To read poetry
in translation is just the same as to contemplate the corpse of a beautiful
woman: the body is still here but the soul has already gone”
Russian psycholinguists like to reffer to the first lines of this poem when
discussing the theory of word meaning.

And thank you, Eugene, for pleasant moments I had translating the poem and
for helping me to break my silence.

Tatiana