Re: Rules not to call me a dummy

From: sazonova (sazon@kursknet.ru)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 21:58:08 PST

 Eugene Matusov wrote:

> However, I do not believe that rules prevent from hurting others and from
> being hurt. Moreover, there is no way for me to make sure that my
postings
> won't hurt somebody.

I once read somewhere, that it is impossible to hurt somebody untill s/he
wants to be hurt. It's kind of exaggeration, of couse,still... I would
never believe that people gathered om XMCA-list wanted deliberatly hurt or
offend somebody. Friendly teasing is a way to provoke further discussion
and sometimes even rudeness is meant to attract attention. One should only
believe that it was not aimed at him/her personnaly and s/he won't feel
offended. And I know that scientists and teachers are very vulnerable
people.

Tatiana Sazonova

P.S. Eugene, would you mind such a variant " We can't foresee how our word
 will echo in your souls"?