ongoing

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 13:45:16 PST

I am in the middle of the stack of notes and responding quickly is not
generally a good idea, but I wanted to answer Judy while I could use
"copy" and point across notes.

Judy wrote, in part:

Insofar as we are, at any moment, fortunate enough to know a position of
relative power, at least in discourse, we can presuppose our own
powerfulness, which is 'real' at that moment; WE are comfortable, we do not
see cause to adjust our talk, and we resent the imposition of someone else's
discomfort. What do you think?

I think this sounds very much to me like issues Rosa wrote about a couple
of notes back.
mike