Petition Supporting Gay Rights Legislation in Vermont

From: dkirsh@lsu.edu
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 13:20:36 PST

---------------------- Forwarded by David H Kirshner/dkirsh/LSU on
02/03/2000 03:11 PM ---------------------------

Vermont needs help...
As you may know, the Supreme Court of
Vermont recently ruled that committed
homosexual relationships should have
the same rights and privileges afforded
to married straight couples. There are
over 1,000 rights that come with marriage
which are currently denied to gay couples
including hospital visitation/medical decisions,
rights of survivorship, filing joint tax returns, etc. etc.

This is a VERY important first step towards
equality in America. However, the Governor's
office of Vermont has been BOMBARDED with
phone calls by anti gay individuals opposing the
recent decision -- primarily fueled by the "Doctor"
Laura radio program which gave out the phone number.

I called the Governor's office, and spoke to the
secretary, who was VERY nice but said that I was
one of only a HANDFUL of callers who SUPPORT
this huge step towards equal rights.

Please add your name to the following list. COPY
this into a new e-mail, and send it to your friends.
When the list reaches 25, 50, 75, etc. people, please
send it to ltgov@leg.state.vt.us

Dear Lieutenant Governor - Douglas A. Racine,
We the undersigned deeply support your move to have
equal rights for same sex partners. You have taken a
historical step towards mending the many fractures
that divide our society. The following list is composed
of people from all walks of life, from straight to gay.

Thank you for your continued support and your forward
thinking politics.

1. Sara N. Ramsey, Maryville, MO
2. Ryan K. Gove, Maryville, MO
3. Erika C. Lindwall, Appleton, WI
4. C. Chad Argotsinger, Appleton, WI
5. Julie Innes, Burlington, VT
6. Easter Antisdel, Burlington, VT
7. Devon A. Buerstetta, Burlingtion, VT
8. Daniel Wesson, Aurora, Colorado
9. Britton Ingraham; Sheridan, CO >>
10. Nicholas Paulo, Lynn MA
11. James M. Gibson, Canton, MA
12. Brian M. Ramos, Wellesley, MA
13. Ryan K. Chinn, Newton Highlands, MA
14. Philip M. Matthys, New York, NY
15. Benjamin R. Ryan, New York, NY
16. Brett T. Perala, Hanover, NH
17. Nathaniel Rink, Boston MA
18. Kristen Scopaz, Hanover, NH
19. Melissa McDaniel, Hanover, NH
20. Sophia Koulomzin, Sleepy Hollow, NY
21. John Guerry, Middletown, CT
22. Judah-Lev Dickstein, Bala Cynwyd, PA
23. Kaila Dickstein, Bala Cynwyd, PA
24. Elad Nevo, Bala-Cynwyd, PA
25. Rev. Michael E Ferry, State College PA
26. Martin A. Simon, State College PA
27. Ron Tzur, State College, PA
28. David Kirshner, Baton Rouge LA