Re: Matvey's observations

From: Leigh Star (lstar@ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 14:21:59 PST

Nice link, Mike. It's like some hyper version of market mentality and
Kafka, all fiddling while the Earth burns (to mix several metaphors at once).

I don't, by the way, think any of this is inevitable, just quite
possible. The main point was that even if this regime is declining (and
all regimes eventually do), it is possible to find meaningful work and
relationships at some level of granularity.

L*