cohorts

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 11:29:23 PST

Hi Pete-- Well, this line of argument was first made by an Estonian
who studied with Luria and repeated his experiments about 20
years ago, Peeter Tulviste. His book on the development of verbal
thinking exists in English and I recommend it warmly.

But it appears comments made over the years by Zinchenko and Davydov
and quite explicitly in Zinchenko and Davydov's review of the book
for Voprosi Psikhologii which they sent me a pre-print of.

To get at some of the problems sure to arise see articles on culture
by Zinchenko in the 1980s in Soviet Psychology and J Russian &
East European Psychology.

It is a continuation into the current generation of cultural
streams of some antiquity.
mike