silent participation

From: florian schimpf (z455bkc@z.zgs.de)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 13:18:34 PST

Hi Eva,

you asked the lurkers why they are here.

I´m here because of all the inspiring messages. I studied Sociology in
Hamburg,Germany and I spended eight month as an exhange student at the
UIC in 97/98. I wrote my diploma on Vygotsky and with the help of this
list I was able to include material and information in my paper which is
not avialable in Germany (special thanks to Nate and her homepage!).
During my research I get in contact with Nikolai Verserov and also with
the help of this list I attened the Illjenkov Symposium in Helsinki (hey
Maria, we didn´t met!).

Since one year I`m working as an consultant for unemployed kids and the
job is somehow exausting. I still working on my plan to reenter the
academic world and I hope I can continue my studies on Vygotsky one day.

The reason why I´m a lurker is my knowledge of English. Sometimes I
would like to respond and discuss but it takes a lot of time to write in
English. Maybe I´m to shy or even afraid the scientific community of
XMCA´s would laugh about me.

Florian