Re: The internet and disinformation

From: Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad@ped.gu.se)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 03:44:29 PST

At 03.17 -0700 0-01-24, Martin Ryder scrobe:
>The power of disinformation is diluted by abundance
>of data available to a critical reader.

yes, but cannot abundance of data in itself be a problem?

Here I am not thinking so much of the Web, as of the wealth of literature
that confronts us all as academics... thinking of past bouts of confession
and self-reflection here on XMCA about the eternal guilt we carry for not
having read everything we should have, and for not having read what we HAVE
read as carefully as we should have. Et Cetera.

Eva