Re: odd responses

From: Ricardo Ottoni (rjapias@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 08:18:52 PST

Bill,

By the way, I'm working in translating some research results on an eight
y.o. girl's mathematics concept of numbers even and odd formation.

I send you attached a partial rough translation of it.

I ask you permission to use your text, to introduce those results in a
paper.

Waitting your answer.

Bill Barowy wrote:

> Once upon a time, there were two species of numbers, evens and odds, and each endeavored to live according to their ways, as odds and evens
displayed quite dif

> Odds (O) were considered special in several ways. Any ensemble of O's (even when carefully sampled in the most random manner) always
correlated to a greater

> Finding the greatest prime occupied many. It was felt that the most highly prized secrets of the universe were to be found in the greatest
primes. As the off

> But there was sorrow too in marriage. An O's marriage to another O always resulted in an offspring that, while never prime, was at least
another O. E's of cou

> One day there appeared a scientist named "Foo" who aimed at uncovering all this behavior obviating the strict separation of the numbers. He
invented a way of

> Foo also found other ways to distinguish the O's and the E's. By graphing the progression (A Cartesian graph, of course) of rank ordered
O's and E's, he foun