Re: is Hugh Mehan's Work On-line?

From: mary bryson (brys@unixg.ubc.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 09:39:07 PST

A hearty Thank You! to all who sent messages concerning Mehan and
McDermott's work.
Feeling REALLY luck, I bounced out of the library yesterday with Varenne and
McDermott's Successful Failure, and Hugh Mehan's Handicapping the
Handicapped.
I now have 2 wonderful readings for my class, and spent a glorious evening
Fri reading and listening to my favorite bits of Beethoven.

so thanks,

Mary

--
Dr. Mary Bryson, Associate Professor, Education, UBC
GenTech Project  http://www.shecan.com

In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of "spectacles". Everything that was directly lived has moved away into representation. - Guy Dubord, "The Society of the Spectacle" c 1967

---------- >From: "Nate Schmolze" <schmolze@students.wisc.edu> >To: <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu> >Subject: RE: is Hugh Mehan's Work On-line? >Date: Thu, Jan 13, 2000, 11:44 AM >