RE: is Hugh Mehan's Work On-line?

From: Ellice A Forman (ellice+@pitt.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 07:47:00 PST

To Nate and others,
There was a long discussion about Gerald Coles' book on xmca several years
ago. Many members of this listserv have serious concerns about Coles'
approach to learning disabilities. Unfortunately, I don't have further
information about the time this discussion was held but maybe others know
more than I do and the archives will help us catch up. I see NO
relationship between Hugh Mehan's approach to special ed and Gerald Coles'
(although I haven't read the Coles book myself and I have read lots of
Mehan's work). I know that Nate didn't intend to equate the two authors
but I'm afraid some people might think that their approaches are similar.
--Ellice Forman
Dept of Psychology in Education
University of Pittsburgh