RE: is Hugh Mehan's Work On-line?

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@UDel.Edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 15:14:56 PST

Hi Mary--

I just put Ray's paper on Cultural-Historical SIG website. You can get at
ftp://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/CH-SIG/ I don't have Hugh's paper scanned,
unfortunately.

As to other reference, Ray wrote a few other interesting papers such Culture
as Disability (in A&Q -- I guess), Inarticulateness.

Please, let me know what you will find. Time to time my students also have
focus on this issue.

Good luck,

Eugene

PS I just found the references:
McDermott, R. (1988). Inarticulateness. In D. Tannen (Ed.), Linguistics in
context: Connecting observation and understanding: Lectures from the 1985
LSA/TESOL and NEH institutes. Norwood, NJ: Ablex.
McDermott, R. P., & Varenne, H. (1996). Culture as disability. Anthropology
and Education Quarterly, 23(6), 324-348.