Re: Non-western science

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@mail.lesley.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 19:08:20 PST

Kedmon,

Thank you for raising issues that had been bothering me also. A comparative analysis of university, government, and corporate science in the US alone might break the category of 'western science', if not that of the different 'schools' that tend to align with the work of major scientists that sometime span political and ideological boundaries.

I wonder what Latour experts could offer of the findings from his work.

Bill Barowy, Associate Professor
Lesley College, 31 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138-2790
Phone: 617-349-8168 / Fax: 617-349-8169
http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/wbarowy/Barowy.html
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself
 and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]