we'll be closing down

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 16:24:09 PST

The University will be closing down its computers to avoid Y2K problems
should they arise. This will happen some time tomorrow, I believe, and
I don't anticipate it coming up again immediately.

So, an upcoming winter vacation from this forum of uncertain timing
and duration.

I have found it an interesting, if not always easy, year on XMCA. I
continue to lament the scarcity of active voices which is so necessary
to keeping diversity in our discussions. I regret occasions when
people forget how diverse a group this is, how many life worlds it
touches upon, and how much patience it takes to ferret out real
disagreements from ever-present misunderstandings.

I hope the next few days prove pleasant and peaceful for all.
mike