Fwd(2): Re(2): What's up?

From: Katherine Goff (Katherine_Goff@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 09:38:43 PST

- mike cole asked me if i'd post this to the list, i wonder if you'd
forward it to xmca for me?
thanks.

mike, jay,
just a quick note to apologize for my outbursts - this is an incredibly
difficult time, to have commited ten years of
my life to something that i can no longer really believe in -
but i have always benefited from the generosities shown me,

and i am not ungrateful - i am just shifting into a different terrain.
i've been ranting and crabbing at the wrong people, for the wrong reasons
and i am going to try now
to settle into some closure in vancouver - i've been offered quite a few
opportunities in-relation to academic work
and i have persisted in resisting, unsure of how these communities grow,
change, learn, move -

i know i have a lot of decisions to make about what i am going to do,
and i wanted to tell you both how influential you've been -

i am going to write a book about the work i did as an art-activist, and
then try to channel the tormented artist
in me towards more writing, not academic writing, but other forms and
genres -

i've unsubbed from the list, i just can't take this academic stuff anymore
- that may change, of course, with time,
but for now i need a different kind of wording in the world -

i do think there is much to be admire about xmca - it *is* different, but
for me, perhaps, not different enough.
i really like most of the folks here, but it is obvious to me that i have
issues with the traditions i am expected
to embrace -

i hope you have happy holidays, you've both, in your own ways, been very
helpful for my working-through process -
always learning, changing, maybe i'll always be a gypsy - maybe i'll never
settle, but i do want to stop raging at the
folks who do what they do for their own reasons.
all the best,

diane
                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu