Re(2): Re(2): Re(2): Re(2): Re(2): the whiteness of middle class play

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 12:56:21 PST

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>Diane Hodges wrote:
>> you win - i just can't play.
>
>I understand that everybody had won.
>And can play.
>
>It is very interesting to watch different perspective on such a
>phenomenon like Pokemon.
>
>By the way,
>This afternoon I saw, through my window, a small group of children from
>6 to 9 yo, playing with a big TV's paper box let in playground.
>It became a house and than a ship, and a big drum and finally it was
>turn into pieces that became something like bed-sacks.
>All children cry a lot, talked a lot, sang a lot and made everybody
>almost crazy in neighbourhood.
>Well... it is summertime here and children are in vacation. It's to hot
>to stay at home.

oh lordess, _thankyou_ for the more extraordinary image of invention - a
scene of casual brilliance
always shines brighter.
thanks thanks.
gracias, compadre,
diane

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu