Re: Re(2): Re(2): the whiteness of middle class play

From: Paul Dillon (dillonph@northcoast.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 08:07:38 PST

Diane,

I don't know who you're responding to or who said that

>more research is needed before anyone can recognize how

I said that more research needed to be done to determine whether Pokemon was
restricted to white middle class kids, the position that you asserted.
Eugene provides us one counterexample, and I'm sure there are more.

But I'm curious as to why you are so determined to link Pokemon to your
sex/gender and now, class/race issues? I think that Pokemon might be one of
the first truly global tertiary artefacts shared among pre-pubescent
children. Does that threaten you somehow?

Paul H. Dillon