Re: excerpts from bergson

From: Paul Dillon (dillonph@northcoast.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 13:36:19 PST

Diane,

Those excerpts express very well what I was thinking of. With respect to
the statement that caught my attention, I'm beginning to think that you
might have meant ignored rather than absorbed by dominant conceptions of
legitimacy. I don't see any real effort to "reintegrate into the whole".
The scientific systems simply supplant (are silent about?) the relationship
between their accounts of time or history and the lived duree.

Paul H. Dillon