Re(2): twisted internalizations/waiting to exhale

Diane Hodges (dhodges who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu)
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:32:05 -0700

xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu writes:
rjapias writes:

>Jay Lemke wrote:
>
>"(...) perhaps an underdeveloped perspective in education."
>

>The use of the word DEVELOPMENT or UNDERDEVELOPMENT, without expliciting
>their teleologic goals, seems to exhale some ethnocentric smell.

please, i love this phrase, 'exhale some ethnocentric smell'... can u
elaborate?
thanks,
dch

' 'We have destroyed something by our presence,' said Bernard, 'a
world perhaps.'
(Virginia Woolf, "The Waves")

diane celia hodges
university of british columbia, vancouver / university of colorado, denver

Diane_Hodges who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu