Re: co-constructions

Victoria Yew (v.yew who-is-at edfac.usyd.edu.au)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:11:37 +1100

--------------316930AE11E641F5AD937B64

Mike,

More food for thoughts to add to your contribution ...
Recently, the land Downunder ("Aussie Land") has gone on a national vote for
either a republic nation or remain loyal to the British Monarch ... and the
latter won, all because of confusions over interpretation of what a republic
for Aussieland would mean.

Sad ... why can't Aussie land have an Aussie head of state??? The Asians (eg in
S.E Asia) have thrown out the British monarch yonders ago, and reinterpreted
Colonial history ... in very much different manners.

Upon reflections, I wonder if the politicians have been reading XMCA recently
... for ideas of creating confusions ... 8-)

So, the saga continues ...

Victoria

Mike Cole wrote:

> In the background is tonight's BBC news. The story is about the crash of
> the Egyptian airplane and its causes. The Americans and Egyptian officials
> cannot agree on the interpretation of events. It seems like a fabulous
> opportunity for understanding in a different way the work that chuck
> and candy goodwin have done on being socialized to "see-as". I hope someone
> is collecting relevant artifacts!
> mike

--------------316930AE11E641F5AD937B64

begin:vcard
n:;
tel;fax:International (+612) 9351 2606
tel;work:International (+612) 9351 6326
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:School of Educational Psychology, Literacies, and Learning;Faculty of Education (A35)
version:2.1
email;internet:v.yew who-is-at edfac.usyd.edu.au, mlyew@mail.usyd.edu.au
title:Ph.D. (Education) Candidate
adr;quoted-printable:;;The University of Sydney=0D=0A;Sydney;NSW;2006;Australia
fn:Victoria M. L. Yew
end:vcard

--------------316930AE11E641F5AD937B64--