Re: "Found: the human brain's moral engine"

Phil Graham (pw.graham who-is-at student.qut.edu.au)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:02:12 +1000

What is Quine?! I know what "Strine" is: Australian English.=20

As for "I am my own grandpa" ... I think it is a mid-50s-early-60s
showtune, but I'm not at all sure. I can sing the first four bars for you:
Key of C; 4/4 time signature; twangy, hillbilly country feel at roughly 135
bpm; | =3D downbeat:=20

*ahem*=20

1 2 3 4
| | =09
I aaaaam my own gran paaaaaaa=20
g g g a g e

| |=20
I aaaaam my own gran paaaaaaaa=20
g g g a g d

That's all I can remember, and I can't do the bass at the same time, so the
sound quality is somewhat lacking. My apologies.

The convoluted story is about someone whose parents get divorced and then,
through a series of marriages and subsequent divorces and remarriages, the
singer ends up being his own grandfather =96by marriage ... that sort of=
thing.=20

I trust I make myself clear.=20

John Konopak stikes me as someone who would probably know the genealogy,
music, and probably the artist and composer as well.=20

K?

Phil