Re: October Paper for Discussion

nate (schmolze who-is-at students.wisc.edu)
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 07:18:42 -0500

Judy,

In addition to Bill's response, through offline multilouging it was thought
that the "multilouging" papers discussion would be finished in September,
so it was suggested we look for another vollunteer in October. The
transition from September to October was not designed to be rigid, but
senitive to where the September discussion was at the end of the month.
The signs for the transition being "silence" and Eva's post of taking her
earlier message as a wrapping up.

What may have made this more confusing was the theme of multilouging
included three papers which may have been alot to discuss in a given month.
If my memory serves me the opportunity was given to have Bill go in
October, but he felt at this time he would rather have the paper support
Eva's rather than a paper for its own sake, or at least that's my
understanding.

As past discussion papers will be linked on the MCA webpage, it would be
likely that comments on a members paper will occur after that paper is
highlighted. What may not occur is the author being able to respond,
because they make a committment of having time available to respond during
the month their paper is being discussed. With different members time
contraints cross-overs, as in an October responses to a September
discussion, may be a likely occurrance.

Nate