Re: October Paper for Discussion

Bill Barowy (wbarowy who-is-at mail.lesley.edu)
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 21:15:43 -0400

Let me propose a solution, Judy, while you have yet escaped the locusts. =
The paper on self-regulation was intended to support discussing Eva's=
writing, not as a thing to be discussed on its own, especially because the=
numeracy it assumes is high. I would prefer to move to Gordon's paper --=
it looks like something very accessible to students in one of Lesley's=
development courses. I'll always gladly accept your comments off=
center-stage, as I greatly appreciate what you offered on the paper in '97.=
=20

The self-regulation stuff will be more fun once I figure out how to get the=
model on the web so anyone can play with it. It's much better than the=
movie. =20

bb

>Nate, I haven't yet composed a response to B.B.'s paper - Wasn't it
>scheduled next? Please note, while email messages are time consuming,
>papers, especially that draw on disciplines outside one's training, are
>voracious consumers of time. I limit my xmca participation to once/week, so
>I will apologize in advance to Gordon - I don't expect to make contribution=
>to the discussion of another paper for a while. Judy
>

>At 07:32 PM 10/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>XCMA,
>>
>>With Gordon's recent book announcement, I asked him if he would be
>>interested in a collective review of the ZPD paper linked on the MCA
>>webpage, which is also the final chapter of the book. I am resubmitting
>>the book information along with the address on the ZPD paper up for
>>discussion.
>>
>>Dialogic Inquiry: Towards a sociocultural practice and theory of education
>>Cambridge University Press
>>http://www.cup.org/ObjectBuilder/ObjectBuilder.iwx?ProcessName=3DProductPa=
ge&
>>Merchant_Id=3D1&product_id=3D0-521-63725-2&origin=3Dsearch&searchField=3DT=
ITLE&sear