Re: Re(3): Personal mails, practice and identity in XMCA

Bill Barowy (wbarowy who-is-at mail.lesley.edu)
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:06:07 -0400

At 11:07 AM +1000 9/22/99, Victoria Yew wrote:
>Just a thought, I realise that the bulk of the mails lately were usually
>sent over weekends. Less work (as one would hope) and more time given over
>to thinking/writing.=20

Victoria's keen observation makes a nice segue to the ecology of time paper=
I have on the web, that has to do with participation on this list, in=
coordination with Eva's work. Folks, this paper is giving me brain cramps=
-- I am presently trying to make it more familiar, trying to take advantage=
of web affordances and trying to work out the jargon that comes on like a=
downpour when you cross chat with complex systems theory, using systems and=
semiotic ecology. =20

Blechhh! I desperately need help to make it more human. Hammer on it -- I=
am crazy enough to try to submit this one for some web publication, and=
will probably see it take a lot of heat before it can turn into a tool that=
is useable.

By the time this post makes waves, I'll have the next version up.

oh yeah - you can find it at the following url, and it doesn't force an exit=
from the discussion of Eva's work, since we coordinated together, and you=
will see her results references almost everywhere.

http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/wbarowy/mp/srmodel.html

Bill Barowy, Associate Professor
Lesley College, 31 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138-2790=20
Phone: 617-349-8168 / Fax: 617-349-8169
http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/wbarowy/Barowy.html
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself
and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]