Re: disturbing trends from youth culture

Judy Diamondstone (diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu)
18 Sep 1999 19:00:52 -0000

Paul wrote:

>Which would lead me to conclude that whatever *we* tried to do didn't really
>make any difference and that *we* really don't understand how to do
>anything about this or any of the other *disturbing* faces of the
>contemporary youth scene. like school shootings. But then It's hard to
>change the scene on the street from the salons of the palaces, or better
>said, to understand the unintended consequences of the changes that what
>*we* did cause, wouldn't you agree?

Paul, WE may not effect any change in the larger patterns of inequity but
WE certainly can and do have bearing on the inequitable relations in our
immediate surround. That's the message that I would prefer to take, as a
reminder, from Gary's posting.

Judith

Judith Diamondstone (732) 932-7496 Ext. 352
Graduate School of Education
10 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1183