Re: this job is possible for me

Bill Penuel (bpenuel who-is-at unix.sri.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:11:28 -0700

Great. In the mean time, I talked with Barbara Means some more about you
and the position, and one possibility we discussed is considering bringing
you in as a consultant in the fall, to work a couple of trips to Detroit,
and then coming in at a higher level, with something about finishing your
dissertation written in as an incentive, all provided we find that this is
indeed a good match.

Keep me posted, and I'll look forward to talking with you further.

Bill

At 02:49 PM 09/16/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Bill,
>
>I just discussed the job with my advisor, Aimee Dorr. She concurred with my
>view that I need to finish writing my dissertation proposal and pass my oral
>exams this fall. She, like me, believes that I can do this, but that in
>order to do it, I really need to stay down here until the first of the year.
>She also raised some excellent points that we can discuss further should you
>decide that you're seriously interested in hiring me.
>
>I will assemble my resume and writing samples over the weekend and get this
>information to you, along with three references, by early next week. I need
>to see if I can gently persuade my current boss here at CRESST to give me a
>reference. I need to set up a meeting to discuss this matter with her, and
>the first available time to do so will be Tuesday. So, I will send all the
>other info, and the other two references to you, and then hope to get my
>current boss to provide the additional reference.
>
>Best,
>
>Louise

Bill Penuel, Ph.D.
Research Social Scientist