Re: query

nate (schmolze who-is-at students.wisc.edu)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:12:02 -0500

Mary,

There is a emerging group of literature on this subject. Below is a new
online journal and some references that might be useful. I am currently
taking a graduate course from Marianne Bloch (University of Wisconsin) who
has been focusing on this issue for some time now. She, among others, was
influential in getting NAEYC to rethink some of its policies on
Developmentally Appropriate Practice.

Nate

Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood Education
http://www.triangle.co.uk/ciec/index.htm

Louis Holzman
Schools for Growth
Lawrence Erlbaum Asssociates (1997)
"Development and Learning: What Psychology has Constructed"

Nikolas Rose (1989)
Governing the Soul

Valarie Walkerdine (1984)
The Mastery of Reason

Gaile Cannella (1997)
Deconstructing the Discourses of Early Childhood Education

E. Burman
Deconstructing Developmental Psychology

Mallory B. and New R..
Diversity and Developmentally Appropriate Practice
Teachers College Press

Prout, Jenks, and James (1998)
Theorizing Childhood